Tuesday 13 August 2013

0051 Rosedale to Gold Coast

A very heavy dew this morning - It was almost as if it had rained.  But we got packed up fairly quickly, found the showers were actually quite good !!, and hit the road at about 8.30 am.

We were already on back road, and somehow we managed to stay on back roads for the next 2-3 hours !!   We got down to a single lane black top road, and then this then became a dirt road for about 20 kms !!  We started to wonder if we were on the right road !  Finally, just before Gympie, we got back on the main road, and then went into Cooroy for a bite to eat and a coffee.   Found a delightful little country town, so went to the bakery, had an excellent home made pie, and then did some veggie and meat shopping in the little greengrocers and the butchers, so we wouldn't have to shop as soon as we got home.

After that it was a straight run to home, and e got there at about 4.30 pm.  Everything was in good shape, all the mail brought in and sorted for us by Rod and Ellie next door, so we got on with unpacking the van.   Unfortunately we found the second fridge in the garage had somehow become unplugged, so all my booze was not old, and the freezer section was obviously a smelly disaster, but fortunately there wasn't a lot of stuff in there - Mostly just Trooper's dog food of mince meat.  Fortunately tomorrow is rubbish bin day, so it can go straight out !

Anyway, in summary, not a bad trip, and Troopie did everything required, and I am confident it will work well in Alaska and South America next year - Just some fine tuning to do - And a new windscreen !!!!

We have been on the road exactly 6 weeks, done 12,000 kms, and seen a lot of sights and a lot of Australia.  Learned a lot about Australia, its history, the Aborigines, dinosaurs, and so on.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lastly, many of you will have noted the dots and marks on many of the photos.  I think my trusty little Sony instant camera has finally had it.  I have a larger digital SLR, but in Alaska found this too big and cumbersome, and it was the same on this trip.  When one of its lenses also started to have a problem on this trip, I decided to start looking for a new small camera.  So that will be my next project, and then hopefully the quality of my pics will improve somewhat !!

I will keep going on this blog until I go to the USA next year, but for now I will probably be quiet for a while.  The internet connectivity on this trip has been virtually non-existent, or, if available very expensive and very slow. It has been really frustrating for me trying to write my blog and get it posted - I have been struggling to keep up, as most of you will have noticed.  Going to have to change the way I do it in future when travelling.  Maybe shorter, less frequent posts ?   Not sure if I can do that - You KNOW I like to talk !!!

Anyway, hope you have enjoyed some of this trip with me. Please do sign on as a follower, or post a message on here - If I do not hear from anyone, then I have to presume no one is reading it, in which case I may as well stop writing !!  I look forward to hearing from you.

Giles

Pics  https://picasaweb.google.com/117739775480775657932/0051RosedaleToGoldCoast?authkey=Gv1sRgCN2Fjui7iKGxOA#

No comments:

Post a Comment